Here at Team Bonding we are always on the lookout for great ways to bring teams closer together. Great Team Building Quotes will help you to create an effective, powerful team that can effect change and achieve its purpose. Recently, as part of our Amazing Race challenge we have had teams create their own slogans on what being part of a great teams means to them. This has been a great success and we want to share the experience with all our readers.
We will be launching a four part series with inspiring team building quotes we have sourced. Here are the first 25.
1. A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of give and take.
– Barbara Glacel & Emile Robert Jr.
2.None of us is as smart as all of us.
– Ken Blanchard
3. No man is wise enough by himself.
4. Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success.
– Stephen Covey
5. One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
6. The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say ‘I.’ And that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say ‘I.’ They don’t think ‘I.’ They think ‘we’; they think ‘team.’ They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don’t sidestep it, but ‘we’ gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.
7. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
8. Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
– Henry Ford
9. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.
– Andrew Carnegie
10. In teamwork, silence isn’t golden, it’s deadly.
– Mark Sanborn
11. A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skill of the others.
– Norman S Hidle
12. The greatest danger a team faces isn’t that it won’t become successful, but that it will, and then cease to improve.
– Mark Sanborn
13. The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.
– Babe Ruth
14. What we need to do is learn to work in the system, by which I mean that everybody, every team, every platform, every division, every component is there not for individual competitive profit or recognition, but for contribution to the system as a whole on a win-win basis.
– W. Edward Deming
15. It’s easy to get good players. Getting them to play together, that’s the hard part.
– Casey Stengel
16. Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.
– Brian Tracy
17. No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helped you.
– Althea Gibson
18. Teamplayer: Once who unites others toward a shared destiny through sharing information and ideas, empowering others and developing trust.
– Dennis Kinlaw
19. Light is the task where many share the toil.
20. No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. A major reason capable people fail to advance is that they don’t work well with their colleagues.
– Lee Iacocca
22. Finding each other is the beginning, staying together is the process, working together is the success.
– Maegan Gunderson
23. No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.
– H. E. Luccock
24. Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.
25. There is no such thing as a “one man show” in a winning team.
– Jose B. Cabajar
We would love for everyone to get involved. Post your favorite team bonding quote in the comments or take a picture with your favorite quote and post it to your Facebook wall. Tag us and we can share your picture will our great Facebook family. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook for more great quotes and fabulous pictures of our events.